Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened


Hi Everyone,

It has been a flurry of activity the last few weeks with the Captain visiting and of course blogging has fallen down the priority list. I have so much to fill you all in on but given it is my mom's last day in Oslo, I must be brief. I just had to share with you a very funny interaction I had with my nephew yesterday. It was his 4th birthday party so we stuffed out faces with cake and hot dogs! Now my nephew only speaks Norwegian and he and I were chatting while wolfing down some cake. I nearly choked on my strawberry when he said to me "Du er Kate og du har ingen puppene!" A direct translation of this was - You are Kate and you don't have any boobies. I was in shock and unsure of how to respond. I of course didnt want to refute the claim as it is the truth but let's just say it was the first time that I found myself discussing this with a little person. After a nervous laugh and smile, I said - Yes that is me. You gotta the love the brutal honesty of children! He then explained to my husband that sometimes you can get sick in your boobies so you have to get rid of them to be okay again. I couldnt argue with that explanation of things. :)

When I told his mother about the little chat I had had, she said it was something he had noticed on his own. He had told her that she had two boobies but Aunty Kate had none. Kids really don't miss a trick do they? Maybe things wont be so tough when my daughter eventually asks me the same thing because like my nephew said - I am still Kate.

Have a wonderful day! Am off to maximise the last Mom moments.

Ciao,

OBB

No comments:

Post a Comment